BRIGADIER GENERAL STEVEN D. MICHAUD
Assistant Adjutant General, Maine Air National Guard
Brig. Gen. Steven D. Michaud serves as the Assistant Adjutant General, Air and Commander, Camp Chamberlain, Augusta, Maine, Maine National Guard. In this position, he is the principal advisor to The Adjutant General on all ANG units in Maine and ensures the combat readiness and mission capability of an Air Refueling Wing and two Geographically Separated Units. He provides command, control and supervision of all ANG units within the state.
General Michaud began his career in the United States Air Force in January 1981, and entered aircraft maintenance training on the KC-135A aircraft. Various assignments included tours at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota, Loring AFB, Maine, and numerous deployments supporting European and Pacific Tanker Task Forces. In September 1987, General Michaud joined the Maine Air National Guard. He received his commission in April 1989 from the Air National Guard’s Academy of Military Science. General Michaud then entered training as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer and has held various assignments throughout the 101st Maintenance Group before taking command.
Prior to his current assignment, General Michaud was the Commander of the 101st Maintenance Group, Bangor, Maine.
1988 Associate of Applied Science, Community College of the Air Force
1988 Bachelor of Science in Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1998 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Air National Guard Commander Development Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. April 1989 - April 1990, Student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, 323d Flying Training Wing, Mather Air Force Base, Calif.
2. April 1990 - February 1991, Avionics Officer, 101st Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Maine Air National Guard, Bangor Air National Guard Base, Maine
3. February 1991 - July 1991, Student, Aircraft Maintenance/Munitions Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
4. July 1991 - July 1992, Avionics Officer, 101st Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, ME ANG, Bangor ANGB, Maine
5. July 1992 - July 1993, Flight Line Maintenance Officer, 101st Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, ME ANG, Bangor ANGB, Maine
6. July 1993 - July 1995, Organizational Maintenance Branch Officer, 101st Maintenance Squadron, ME ANG, Bangor International Airport, Maine
7. July 1995 - July 1999, Sortie Generation Officer, 101st Aircraft Generation Squadron, ME ANG, Bangor IAP, Maine
8. July 1999 - July 2003, Commander, 101st Logistics Support Flight, ME ANG, Bangor IAP, Maine
9. July 2003 - November 2006, Commander, 101st Maintenance Operations Flight, ME ANG, Bangor IAP, Maine
10. November 2006 - February 2015, Commander, 101st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, ME ANG, Bangor IAP, Maine
11. April 2019 - Present, Assistant Adjutant General, Augusta, Maine
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with seven oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two 'M' devices
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 6, 1989
First Lieutenant April 6, 1992
Captain Aug. 17, 1994
Major Oct. 30, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 25, 2005
Colonel Dec. 10, 2015
Brigadier General April 17, 2019